Chiesa di San Lorenzo Martire
The parish church in the heart of the village.
The parish church of Orentano is the religious and social heart of the village. Its origins are medieval: a church dedicated to San Giovanni is mentioned here as early as 1064; the current building was rebuilt between 1569 and 1580, when it took its dedication to San Lorenzo Martire, and was enlarged in 1838. The white bell tower next to the facade was built by hand by the villagers over a period of thirty years, with blocks of white stone brought across the marshland. It's worth entering for a moment of quiet.